RWR Advisory Group seeks intern(s) to assist with research related to the intersection of foreign policy and companies’ global activities. The company hires interns for the fall (September to December), spring (January to April/May), and summer (May to August) periods every year.
RWR Advisory Group is a Washington, D.C‑based consulting firm specializing in the risks present at the intersection of global business activity and international security concerns. RWR provides intelligence and analytical support in this area for a range of clients. RWR has extensive expertise in tracking and mapping the ways in which security-related concerns intersect with the operations of corporate entities. Our proprietary software tool, IntelTrak, focuses on this area, with an emphasis on China and Russia.
The successful candidate can expect the following responsibilities:
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- Gathering and organizing data
- Editing and updating publications
- Other tasks as required
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and abilities:
- Prior experience producing research-based analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Coursework on Chinese language, history, politics, and/or familiarity with contemporary Chinese politics and policy themes.
- Competence with relevant software, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and QGIS
- Proficiency in Mandarin
- An understanding of international political economy and finance
The intern will have the opportunity to learn more about international security and global business while also gaining insight into the practical operation of a small, professional research firm in the nation’s capital. In addition, the position affords qualified candidates the ability to gain experience in the larger fields of international relations, politics, and economics while improving communication, research, and networking skills.
We are looking for a commitment of at least 16 hours per week. A stipend is offered based on the amount of time committed to the internship.