Published: August 28, 2020
THESE TERMS CONTAIN DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES (SECTION 8) AND DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY (SECTION 9).
- Agreement to these Terms
- Compliance with Applicable Laws
As a condition of your access to and use of the Website, you agree that you will not use the Website or the information published therein for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and that you will comply with all applicable laws and any conditions or restrictions imposed by these Terms. The information on the Website is provided for your non-commercial use only, and you are prohibited from using, and are expressly not granted the right to use, the information for any commercial purpose.
The information and images on the Website (including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video, audio content, and computer code) are protected by copyright as collective works or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, photographs, graphics, video, audio, and other content or elements comprising the Services are also copyrighted works. All copyrights in the works are owned by us or by our third-party licensors to the extent permitted under the United States Copyright Act and all international copyright laws. You are prohibited from publishing, reproducing, distributing, publishing, entering into a database, displaying, performing, modifying, creating derivative works, transmitting, or in any way exploiting any part of the works.
The Company respects the copyrights of others. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on the Website without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our designated copyright agent either by mail to Copyright Agent, RWR Advisory Group, LLC, 1010 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 250, Washington, DC 20007 or to email@example.com. Please provide the copyright agent with the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or a representative list of the works claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Trade and Service Mark Rights.
All rights in the company names, trade names, logos, service marks, and designs of the Website, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to the Company or its licensors and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution, or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited, and nothing stated or implied on the Website confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of the Company, its affiliates, or any third party.
- Prohibited Conduct
You may not access or use, or attempt to access or use, the Website to take any action that could harm us or any third party, interfere with the operation of the Website, or use the Website in a manner that violates any laws. For example, and without limitation, you may not:
- Make use of the contents of the Website in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or the rights of other users or third parties, including copyrights.
- Access parts of the Website to which you are not authorized, or attempt to circumvent any restrictions imposed on your use of or access to the Website.
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the Website, unless expressly authorized.
- Distribute any part of the Website content over any network, including a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database.
- Engage in unauthorized “scraping” or spidering, or harvesting of personal information, or use any unauthorized automated means to compile information.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our network or infrastructure.
- Use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Website other than the search engine and search agents available on the Website and other than generally available third-party web browsers.
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website.
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website.
- Take any action that violates or threatens our system or network security.
Violations of these Terms may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company may investigate violations of these Terms and we may also work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the Terms.
- Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Websites
The Website may contain third-party owned content and links to other Websites (“Linked Sites”). The Company Post does not endorse, sponsor, recommend, or otherwise assume responsibility for the content on or operation of any Linked Sites. The Company does not have control over any such Linked Sites and is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any Linked Sites.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
The content on the Website is intended for general informational purposes. The Company disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all liability for the accuracy and completeness of the information on the Website and for any acts or omissions made based on such information. The Company does not provide legal, regulatory, audit, or tax advice. You are responsible for obtaining such advice from your own legal counsel or other licensed professionals. This Website is provided with the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in rendering any form of professional or other advice or services. You should not rely on the contents of the Website without first obtaining advice from a qualified professional person.
THE WEBSITE CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. IF YOU RELY ON THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, AND ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY INVOLVED IN OR RELATED TO THE MAKING, COMPILING, OR PUBLISHING OF THE WEBSITE DISCLAIM TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL (A) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (B) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, © WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE WEBSITE, (D) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED ON THE WEBSITE, AND WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATING TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE, OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY THE COMPANY OR ANY THIRD PARTY. FURTHER, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON.
NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY INVOLVED IN OR RELATED TO THE MAKING, COMPILING, OR PUBLISHING OF THE WEBSITE MAKES ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (A) THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE FROM ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN OPERATION, OR FROM TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION © THAT DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (D) THAT THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY INVOLVED IN OR RELATED TO THE MAKING, COMPILING, OR PUBLISHING OF THE WEBSITE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR YOUR USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITES, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- Governing Law and Venue
The Company publishes the Website in and from the District of Columbia. These Terms are and shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia without regard to either’s choice of law rules. By accessing the Website, you waive any claims that may arise under the laws of other states, countries, territories, or jurisdictions. Any claims against the Company arising out of or in any way related to the Website or any of the information published on the Website shall be brought exclusively in the federal or local courts in the District of Columbia, USA. By accessing the Website, you waive any argument that the District of Columbia is an inconvenient or improper forum for the resolution of any claims asserted against the Company arising out of or in any way related to the Website or any of the information published on the Website.
As a condition of your access to and use of the Website, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, suppliers, contractors, agents, information providers, and any other third party involved in or related to the making, compiling, or publishing of the Website from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your violation of the Terms or (b) your violation of the rights of any third party.
No Waiver. The failure of the Company to enforce any provisions of the Terms or to respond to a breach by you or other parties shall not in any way waive its rights to enforce subsequently any terms or conditions of the Terms or to act with respect with similar breaches.
No Partnership. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and the Company as a result of these Terms or your access to and use of the Website.
Entire Agreement. Unless otherwise specified herein, the Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Website. If any portion of the Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be the maximum extent consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
Link Back to the CCCC Risk Tracker: https://cccc.rwradvisory.com